Friday, July 5, 2013

Tender Mercies

 Well it's been a while since the last post, and its been 6 months in our new home! First off, we Love it! We could not have asked for a better place to call home. 

  Since the last post, not much has changed, life is still pretty brutal most days and it seems to get more difficult with each passing day. However, the Lord does not leave use alone in times of trial ( as much as I feel that way sometimes). Our move to Bountiful has brought many tender mercies. I know this is why it took us so long (and was so hard) to buy a house, because this is right where we needed to be. 

   One of the first moments I realized we were where we needed to be was a few days after we moved in. Nick and I were doing a late run to the Lowes for firewood; while we were there we thought we'd grab a carbon monoxide/ smoke alarm and a fire extinguisher. As we were checking out with our somewhat random items Nick mentioned to the clerk that we were trying to get our house ready for a home study. That man, full of emotion, told us of his and his wife's journey towards adoption. He offered some advice, and gave us things to look forward to, but most importantly he offered us/me a tender mercy that I was truly in need of. He looked me in the eyes and told me he couldn't even begin to understand what I was feeling, he said all the things that I was feeling inside but couldn't express. He is the first person since learning of our situation, that has truly understood or at least tried to understand the pain I've been feeling. I will forever be grateful to the Lowes employee that offered such sweet, understanding advice. 

  We have had so many wonderful experiences here in Bountiful; many have come through our amazing ward. I have never seen such an out-pouring of love and fellowship from a ward.  From our first week here we have had so many people try to get to know us and make us feel part of this ward family. For that I am truly grateful. At a time when my faith was weak, the hands of strangers have carried me. 

Next we have had our wonderful neighbors; we couldn't ask for better! I think that was what I feared most about moving. In Salt Lake we were surrounded by so many wonderful neighbors. I was worried that if we left we would not be so lucky. I had nothing to fear, our neighbors are so great they are not only kind to us but also to Lincoln and Lydia (who met some of the neighbors on their own).  We are truly blessed in our little circle of Bountiful. 

  Lastly the move, while putting distance between some, has brought us closer to others. We are now only minutes away from family and friends. I get to babysit much more often and the kids get to come to Aunt Tabi and Uncle Nick's house, which Lincoln and Lydia really love. It has been an extra blessing that I have really enjoyed. We are now also minutes away from my high school friends which has been an answer to my many many prayers. I don't think they will really know how much in the past two months they have impacted my life. They have had me over for dinner and taken me in when I spend my nights alone. That alone has helped to life my spirits and to spend time with their children really adds joy to my life. Not only have they opened their homes to us, but they feed us every time as well. What a tender mercy when you are short on grocery money and wonder how you're going to feed your husband and your friend calls up and invited you for dinner, and then sends you home with a packed dinner for you husband. I could not ask for better friends who have been angels in my life at the most difficult time. 

I wouldn't say that things are better, or that I can move on and forget the pain, but I can say that we have not been forgotten... by the Lord, by family, and by friends. 
Bountiful will be a good place for us, and as we are starting this journey of adoption, I know we are in the right place to raise our family.

No comments: