Monday, September 15, 2008

The waiting place

The Waiting Place...

"...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a sting of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting."

Well this is the point in my life that I have hit! The papers are officially in, so its just a matter of weeks before we find out where i will be serving the next 18 months! However as most of you know that is not the only thing that is being waited for at the moment. Yesterday was Finns due date and he decided that was not the day to come, so we are also waiting for this baby!  The waiting place is not a fun place to be I'm sure many of you are in that same place. There always seems to be something that we are waiting for although it seems like the waiting can't be avoided let us go back to the wise words of Dr. Seuss ...

"NO!
That's not for you!

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

With banner flip-flapping,
once more you'll ride high!
Ready for anything under the sky.
Ready because you're that kind of a guy!"

Waiting is not for us! there is far to much to be done. To bad i can't make the call come any faster so I will do my best to wait with patients know that I will be out of the waiting place soon and on to a great place!

"So...

be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!"

I'm well on my way & rather excited & nerves as well. I hate to leave everyone here but its my mountain & I have to climb it!

"And will you succeed?

Yes! You will, indeed!

(98 and 3 / 4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!"

With a percentage like that it looks like I have a good shot at succeeding. I hate to put you all in the waiting place with me but look forward to the next post in 2-3 weeks when I will have good news to share with all! Until then may you all be on your way to move your own mountains!  Oh and if there is any baby Finn news I will let you all know! 


1 comment:

Virginia said...

Cu-ute! I don't know where you find all your cute poems and stuff. So fun! Maybe your waiting will be over by conference! Eeeee!